Sorint.US is seeking for a passionate Service Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our team. You will responsible for provisioning, upgrades, problem detection and automated recovery scenarios, incident management, and understanding complicated, interconnected data points to resolve to arise faults, following the best practice in the day-by-day interesting and dynamic work.
As a Service Reliability Engineer, you’ll work in a very fast and complex environment, so you will have to learn quickly new skills and creative solutions to meet SLAs and keep a cloud-based, containerized services.
Travel as required to work from the client’s location.
Open position in Boston (must be qualified to work in the US)
- be responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of our Internet services
- gain deep knowledge of complex applications
- assist in all the phases and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate the rapid iteration and constant growth
- develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and monitor custom applications in a large-scale UNIX environment
- function well in a fast and rapidly-changing environment
- provide best effort off-hours support
- be proactive to purpose continuous improvement activities
- be and work as part of the team and communicates to ensure the eco-efficiency and team wellness
- 4+ years with UNIX/Linux systems
- 3+ large-scale web operations role
- 3+ years troubleshooting and network (firewalls/router/etc) and TCP/IP protocols
- 4+ years using programming languages like Python, Ruby, Java etc
- Experience with Cloud including Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud
- Experience with OpenStack, RHV, and VMWare
- Experience with relational database administration
- Experience in system architecture
- Experience with IT Automation with enterprise configuration management software as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience in Web services (JBoss/Tomcat/Apache HTTP Server/ etc.)
Degree in Computer Science or related fields may be helpful. But attitude and practical experience with the skills above are our priorities
Friendly, fast-paced working environment
Great opportunity to work closely with experienced consultants
Exposure to wide variety of cutting-edge technologies
Opportunity to share and act on innovative ideas
healthcare and dental benefits
short term/long term disability
We are located in Cambridge in a nice shared office space!
Sorint.US is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We will examine applications without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or any other basis prohibited by law.